Welcome to the Carl Friedrik website.
If you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, you can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3026 0816 or writing to the Privacy Supervisor at Carl Friedrik, Unit B2 128 Hoxton Street, London, N1 6SH
Personal information we collect
We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.carlfriedrik.com:
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site or a Carl Friedrik store, or you contact us via email, web chat or phone, we collect certain information from you. This includes your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment information (including partial credit card details and Paypal account email address). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Human Resources data
Carl Friedrik collects Personal Information from current, prospective, and former Employees, their contact points in case of a medical emergency, and beneficiaries under any insurance policy (“Human Resources Data”). The Human Resources Data we collect may include title, name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, passport number, driver’s license number, Social Security number or other government-issued identification number, financial information related to credit checks, bank details for payroll, information that may be recorded on a CV or application form, language abilities, contact information of third parties in case of an emergency and beneficiaries under any insurance policy. We may also collect Sensitive Human Resources Data such as details of health and disability, including mental health, medical leave, and maternity leave; information about national origin or immigration status; and optional demographic information such as race, which helps us achieve our diversity goals.
We acquire, hold, use and Process Human Resources Data for a variety of business purposes including:
- Workflow management, including assigning, managing and administering projects;
- Human Resources administration and communication;
- Payroll and the provision of benefits;
- Compensation, stock plan administration, compensation analysis, including monitoring overtime and compliance with labor laws, and company recognition programs;
- Job grading activities;
- Performance and employee development management;
- Organizational development and succession planning;
- Benefits and personnel administration;
- Absence management;
- Helpdesk and IT support services;
- Regulatory compliance;
- Internal and/or external or governmental compliance investigations;
- Internal or external audits;
- Litigation evaluation, prosecution, and defense;
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Restructuring and relocation;
- Emergency contacts and services;
- Employee safety;
- Compliance with statutory requirements;
- Processing of Employee expenses and travel charges; and
- Acquisitions, divestitures, and integrations.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site or in-store (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you (including sending you order updates, asking you to leave a review, or notifying you about an incomplete purchase). We may communicate with you via email, SMS, or via Facebook if you have chosen to receive order communication through Facebook Messenger.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Site and/or services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided here.
- Posting on the Site. You may post reviews of your purchases on the Site. When you disclose information about yourself on the Site (such as your name), the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Study how customers use our products/services.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
When you sign up for our marketing communications, we will ask you for your email address. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team at email@example.com.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the Device Information to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Sharing your Personal Information?
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store – you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also share your Personal Information to other third parties to help us use your Personal Information as described above.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. These cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Unit B2, 128 Hoxton St. Hoxton Works, , London, LND, N1 6SH, United Kingdom